ABOUT THE LIBRARY:
The Central Library of BerhamporeCollege plays a pivital role in teaching learning process of the college. It is always ready to assist in the academic activities of the college. The library has a rich collection of text and reference books in all the academic disciplines under U.G. courses offered by the college. Besides, it houses periodicals both in English and Bengali languages, newspaper, CDS/DVDS and other e-resources (through N-LIST consortia) for the use of its patrons.
- Chairman, Principal
- Panchali Bhaduri (Convenor)
- All the Head Of The Departments
- Secretary, Teachers’ Council
- IQAC Co-Ordinator
- S., Students’ Union
The present library is situated on the 2nd floor of the college administrative building.
The total carpet area of the central library is
The Library has 5 computers, 1 printer, 1 Scanner, 1 43 inch Ultra HD (4K) LED Smart TV, 2 Air cooler, 1 Faculty Bag Rack, 1 Students Bag Rack and several almirahs, chairs & tables.
All the books in the library are organised according to subjects. Call number is assigned to the books following the standarized classification scheme, i.e., Dewey Decimal Classification Scheme. KOHA software is installed for automation of the library’s in-house operation.
OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue) is available but from within the Library only. Students are allowed to go near the stacks or bookracks for the purpose of book selection (open access).
At present the library houses more than 27,000 books. Beside these collections, as an authorised user of NLIST programme, patron can access e-resources, which contain more than _ e-journals and _e-books (http://nlist.inflibnet.ac.in/).
It also contains collection of study materials required for job oriented examination, resources which are helpful for the career guidance and others.
Automation of Library:
KOHA software is installed for automation of the library’s in-house operation in the year 2018.
- Library hours from Monday to Saturday are from11am to 5pm.The Library has the Reading Room facility for the students. More than 70 students can use the reading room at a time.
- There is separate reading space for the teachers.
- Honours students are allowed to borrow 2 books from the central library while pass students can borrow 1 book from central library at a time.
- Library management software has been in use from the year 2018; this provides OPAC facility.
- Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) through intranet is very helpful for finding out the required books.
- Online journals and e-books through N-List are accessible for all users.
- The library subscribes hard copy periodicals related to competitive examinations.
- The library contains previous year question papers and syllabus.
- As recommended by the concerned departmental teachers the library purchases of new books
- The Library giving current awareness services like newspaper clipping, new arrivals of books, relevance of the day etc.
If you want to know more about Berhampore College Library Blog please click on the link mentioned below